The life of Eliza M. Yeager. An aspiring writer who has an attention span of a two year old...

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Playing the Waiting Game

My life is obviously boring.


It's been almost a week since my last post for one reason only. I'm not sure what to talk about. I browse the website and read other blogs mesmerized. Not only do they have reason's for writing, but they have amazing entries.
I guess the life of an almost writer isn't very eventful. When you are trying to get published you must learn patience. It's a waiting game.
So far, I've sent my book to four different literary agents. I've gotten two no's and nothing back from the others. For some reason, when I started writing, I had in my mind that this would be a piece of cake. However, it's not that easy and far from sweet.
I'm planning on doing this for the rest of my life. Writing that is. If I can make it into a career, then my life would be complete. If not, my love for it will never cease.
Writing comes so easily to me. Some people can pick up a guitar for the first time and be amazing. Other's can hold a paintbrush and create a masterpiece. I, can change a diaper in less than 10 seconds, bathe my daughter in under 3 minutes, and handle her fits and screaming effortlessly. I just happen to be a writer as well.


On a happier note, back in April I won a contest on Figment. Part of the prize for winning was being a part of their blog. They emailed me some amazingly entertaining questions which I had an awesome time answering me. Sitting there and answering them, made me realize how much I love what it is I do. Even if it was just for a writing contest for a website, it made me feel so...important. Who doesn't like to feel important?


To read the blog, Click here


<3
Eliza




Random Fact #3 - I have to listen to music when I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment